The oil of Self-Acceptance
What is Bergamot?
I had no idea what it was at first, I knew that it fell in the citrus category but that was as far as my knowledge went!
Bergamot is a citrus fruit the size of an orange, according to Wikipedia, it is likely a hybrid of a Lemon and a Bitter Orange. Who would of thought!
The word “Bergamot” translates to loosely means “Prince of Pears” (Even though it isn’t a pear!)
Bergamot is great for combating negative moods such as low self-esteem, despair, self-judgement and hopelessness. When I first found this out, it made so much sense as to why this oil is so important to me personally. As someone who has suffered severe anxiety for as long as I can remember, it is like this oil was made for me!
- Deodorant properties
- Antispasmodic (Relieves muscle spasms)
- Reduces Stress
- Reduces pain
- Aids in skin care
- Can aid in lowering cholesterol and sugar levels
Even writing this list, I can see why Bergamot is one of my absolute favourite oils!
Without fail, I have am using it either topically or diffusing it. It has a strange combination of being both calming and uplifting at the same time.
If I had to use one word for this oil, it would be magic.
- Bergamot is commonly used in skin and hair products (You can check out some of my awesome DIY recipes that include bergamot here)
- Roll it on to sore joints to ease pain and inflammation
- Diffuse for a calming and awakening environment.
- Diffuse or apply to the soles of your feet for a calming and sedative effect before bed
- Make an air freshening spray to eliminate odours, or use in a DIY deodorant for personal use.
- Use in cleaning spray to aid with killing harmful bacteria found in the home
- For a quick mood boost and to help battle depressive moments, simply open the bottle and inhale all of the amazing scents found within the bottle!
If you don’t have this oil, it is definitely one that should be on your Wish List!
Of course, being one of my favourite oils I definitely stock it in my store as well, so make sure you go have a look!
Where to buy Bergamot
If you don’t have Bergamot, you can grab it at my store here.
I want to hear from you!
Let me know what your favourite uses of Bergamot are! Tell me everything, I want to use this oil in every.single.way possible!