Blogtober, what is it and why do it?
Get ready to find out all of the amazing details and feel free to take part!
Disclaimer: This page contains affiliated links. You can read more about that here
What is Blogtober?
Blogtober is an annual event for bloggers.
When you choose to partake in it, the aim of the game is to post a new blog post every.single.day in October!
Why should you participate in Blogtober?
For me, it is all about getting the creativity flowing at full speed.
It tests your limits, pushes your ideas and helps you grow and develop your blog in directions you may or may not have thought of!
When you participate in Blogtober you get to try new posts that you have had sitting on the sidelines and it is a great way to fight writers’ block, as well as adding awesome content to your blog!
How to plan your Blogtober content
I have never taken on a challenge of this size before, and I am really really excited to get into it.
However, the size of the task is huge so it is important to be prepared!
Here are my top tips for succeeding this Blogtober
- Write out your blog ideas in one spot so you can go through them – our business planner has everything you need to write out our post ideas, researching and planning!
- Research topics using Pinterest and Instagram, and anywhere else your audience likes to hang out.
- Ask your audience what they want to read about – now is the best time to get their input.
- Get a content calendar together – I use Later and that has it all there for me to use as my social media automation software and social media planning.
- Batch, batch, batch! Batch your content, especially for social media. Do as much as you can in one sitting so you limit the chances of getting overwhelmed.
- Don’t be afraid to batch your blog posts! Write 2-3 blog posts a day if you can, and schedule them for the next day a post is due.
- Take a day off if you need it. As long as you are batching, you will have plenty of time to give your brain a rest.
- Stick to your niche, but don’t be afraid to branch out. Branching out into other areas of your niche, or niche-related topics can give you an insight into a whole new world!
My Blogtober Posts
Here is where I will be listing all of my Blogtober posts as they are released, so you won’t miss a thing!
October 1st – What is Blogtober? (this post!)
October 2nd – 21 ways to fix your finances
October 3rd – Declutter Dos & Donts
October 4th – Perfect Gift Ideas for Planner Lovers
October 5th – My end of year goals
October 6th – 10 things you never knew about me
October 7th – Channelling my anxiety as a performer [GUEST POST]
October 8th – Subscription Box Gift Ideas
October 9th – Unique gift ideas for the person who has everything!
October 10th – Advice to my younger self
October 11th – Benefits of a healthy lifestyle
October 12th – How to set achievable goals
October 13th – Why you need to prioritise yourself
October 14th – What is the 7 gift rule?
October 15th – Blogtober Half-Way Point!
October 16th – Changing your mindset