Carpet Cleaning Powder is such an underrated cleaning product!
Sprinkling powder on your carpet and then vacuuming it off… this reminds me so much of when I was younger and my grandma used to do it.
I remember loving the smell and just wanting to roll around in it – but of course, I couldn’t.
Now that I am a bit older I have learned that a lot of house hold cleaners have super simple home made alternatives, and this is no exception.
How to make Essential Oil Carpet Cleaner
What you will need
- BiCarb Soda
- Lavender Essential oil (if you don’t have it, you can get it here)
- A container, preferably a shaker.
Why BiCarb Soda?
BiCarb soda is natural alkaline which dissolves grime and draws out toxins.
This makes it a perfect Carpet Cleaning Powder, as it gets all those things your vacuum may have missed.
How to make it and use it
- Add the bicarb to your container
- Add your drops of lavender
- Let the mixture sit for 20 minutes
- Sprinkle on carpet or rug
- Allow it to sit for 1-3 hours
- Vacuum off
- Enjoy a fresh, clean carpet!
And that’s it!
Now go, make your house smell amazing and get those gross toxins out of your carpets and rugs.