The DIY Body wash is a little more ingredient intensive than other DIY recipes you will find on my blog, but this is important to ensure your skin gets the best treatment possible!
We are slowly becoming more aware of all of the hidden nasties in our everyday products, and body wash is no exception.
If you’re like me and would like a more natural alternative, then you have come to the right place!
With just a handful of ingredients, you can make your own body wash and shower with peace of mind!
You will need
- 1 cup of Castile Soap
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- You can substitute this for any other carrier oils you have around the house. My favourite is almond oil!
- 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons of Vitamin E oil
- 20-40 drops of your favourite essential oils
- I love grapefruit, but again have fun with it and mix it up. Find something you love!
- I used Grapefruit and Bergamot for this round, you can get them both here!
Optional: If you would like a thicker consistency then add 4 tablespoons of vegetable glycerine (My Essential Alchemy stocks this if you can’t find any)
For more or less body wash, multiply/divide accordingly.
How to make it
1. Combine all ingredients in a squirt pump bottle.
2. Mix gently.
Be sure to shake gently before each use, as the components have a tendency to separate.
I also like to use a foaming bottle since I never seem to have any vegetable glycerine on hand and this helps add more volume!
And there you have it!
You’ve just made your very own, natural DIY Body wash.
Let me know what you think, and your favourite oily combinations!