You don’t have to be a celebrity to create your own personal scent!
We all love to smell good, and this DIY Perfume is the easiest way you could bring some amazing scents into your world.
We are going to cover 2 methods of DIY perfume here.
One is a really simple, quick roller using just 2 ingredients.
The other is a bit more complex but a lot of fun to do if you have the time and ingredients!
First a little about Whisper, the oil we are using today
Whisper by doTERRA is an amazing floral blend which was designed to make you feel and smell amazing!
It contains all of the best smells including Rose, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine, Patchouli and Vanilla Bean.
When you apply it to your skin it is designed to combine with your own personal scent and create a unique and amazing experience. (You can read more here)
You will need
- 10-15 drops of doTERRA Whisper
- Alternatively, you can mix and match any oils you like, which I highly recommend! Check out the tips on how to do this below.
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
- An essential oil roller
- Optional: I have a teeny tiny funnel which makes it so much easier to add things to a roller bottle. You can get one in my store here if you don’t have one!
How to make it
- Add the desired amount of drops of Whisper to a roller bottle
- Top off with Fractionated Coconut oil
- Replace roller lid and gently mix together
- Apply as needed!
There are many ways to create a spray perfume, but before you start your own perfume lab there are some basics to keep in mind!
Perfume is generally divided into what is known as “Notes”
There are 3 of them, each with their own special role to play.
In order to create a lasting fragrance, it is important to include a note from all three categories.
This is the first line of action. They provide a fresh aroma but evaporate the fastest.
Top note oils can include:
The soul of your perfume. This note will be the most prominent of the three. Once the top note has (sadly) faded away, this is the one that will emerge triumphantly and you will smell for the majority of your day.
Middle notes can include:
- Clary Sage
- Jupiner Berry
The final frontier.
This note will show its glorious face around the same time that the blend is applied, however, it will last a lot longer than the other two notes. The scents used for this note tend to be on the “heavier” side, so less is applied to the blend.
Base notes can include:
- Ylang Ylang
If you wanted to make a perfume spray bottle we would need to go a little more in-depth.
You will need
- A glass spray bottle
- 120ml of food-grade alcohol or witch hazel
- An essential oil from each “Note” category.
- 10-20 drops of the Base Note
- 20-30 drops of the middle note: and
- 10-15 drops of the top note. You can mix and match as you please. Have some fun, try new combinations until you hit the jackpot!
How to make it
- Combine all of your chosen oils together in a glass spray bottle with some alcohol or witch hazel
- Shake and apply as needed
Additional: Some people like to leave their DIY perfume sitting in a cool, dark spot for a few days-weeks to reduce any potential lingering alcohol smell. However, this is completely up to you!
Awesome! You are now a celebrity!
Well, not quite. But you have your very own personal perfume now, suited to your style and personality!