I don’t think I need to tell you that skincare is so important, that is why you totally need to take note of this DIY sugar scrub!
I never realised just how important it was until I moved to a humid, tropical climate.
My skin used to suffer from being too dry and now it is the complete opposite – too oily!
Benefits of a sugar scrub
Over time our faces collect dead skin, oils and other gunk that can clog up our pores.
Regular exfoliation allows for all of the dead skin to be gently removed while cleaning your pores and giving them a fresh lease on life!
I am here to share with you a recipe for a super simple 3 ingredient sugar scrub. Yep, just 3 ingredients!
You will need
- 1 cup of sugar
- You can use brown or white. White is more gentle on the skin due to the smaller crystals.
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 10-15 drops of your favourite essential oils
- A favourite for this is orange and peppermint, I used just Wild Orange
- Alternative: Salt crystals also make for great scrubs, however, the granules are much larger so can be more course on the skin.
How to make it
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together gently.
If the coconut oil is solid, melt on a low heat over the stovetop.
2. Add to an airtight jar and use when needed!
How to use it
It is best to use after a shower – or even mid-shower. This means your pores will be open and skin will be soft.
Add some of the scrub to your face and gently scrub in circular motions for a few minutes.
Wash off with warm water
Voi la. You now have an affordable, homemade face scrub. Amazing!